Upper back pain is considered discomfort or pain in the areas located between the shoulder blades. This type of back pain can range from mild to severe. It can be a constant pain or it may only be noticeable with activity. Upper back pain is not as common as lower back pain because of the location of the bones. If you want to get to the bottom of your pain once and for all, allow us to treat your upper back pain here at 360 Degree Chiropractic in Crestwood, KY. We offer services for children in need of a pediatric chiropractor and adults in need of a family chiropractor.
Causes & Symptoms of Upper Back Pain
Poor posture is one of the main causes of upper back pain. People who use a computer for the majority of their day are at a high risk of having poor posture, which contributes to upper back pain. Strains and sprains are other causes of upper back pain. Such injuries may result from awkward and sudden movements that occur while playing sports or during other physical activities.
Other causes of upper back pain include spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, and herniated discs. Symptoms of upper back pain can vary from person to person. Some people may experience mild pain that disappears in a couple of days. Others may experience severe pain that can interfere with daily tasks. The following symptoms often occur alongside upper back pain:
- Sharp pain
- General discomfort
- Numbness, weakness, or tingling sensation
- Radiating pain
Several factors make a person more susceptible to upper back pain, including:
- Being overweight
- Excessive carrying or lifting
- Poor posture
- Low muscle tone
- Playing contact sports
Chiropractic Treatment for Upper Back Pain
Chiropractic care for upper back pain involves:
- Spinal adjustments: Adjustments are an effective technique to relieve back pain. Chiropractic care releases stress on the soft tissue, nerves, bones, and joints.
- Chiropractic massages: Massage therapy is great for reducing pain and inflammation while relaxing tense muscles.
- Strengthening exercises: Targeted and stretching exercises are great for helping to strengthen your core muscles. Strengthening your body will improve the benefits of chiropractic care and minimize the chances of your upper back pain returning in the future.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Upper Back Pain Treatment in Crestwood, KY
Call 360 Chiropractic today at (502) 241-8939 for more information on chiropractic care for upper back pain or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.