Adults are not the only ones that can benefit from visiting a chiropractor. At least 17% of chiropractic patients are under the age of 18. That is because even the slightest misalignment can affect children, causing a range of issues from interrupted sleep, to earaches, or asthma. These issues may only get worse as the child grows older. At 360 Degree Chiropractic, Dr. Pansegrau and her team regularly see newborn and young patients. Our treatments focus on providing the care they need for healthy development.
How Your Child Can Benefit From Chiropractic Care
Pediatric chiropractic techniques are becoming commonplace with children. That is because more and more parents are recognizing the benefits of the practice. These benefits include:
- Improved Sleep: Spinal misalignments can disrupt the quality of sleep that children of all ages need to function and grow.
- Improved Brain Development: Attention deficit disorder (ADD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be exacerbated by spinal misalignments. Chiropractic adjustments can reduce the pressure placed on the spine, bones, and joints, which can help improve neural development.
- Reduced Risk for Ear Infections: Ear infections are a common struggle for infants. A chiropractic alignment can help reduce a baby’s risk of getting an ear infection.
- Reduced Risk for Injuries: Our family chiropractor can help keep the joints and ligaments in children flexible which is a key benefit as they grow and become more active. We can also help treat the misalignments or subluxations that can come with fails and injuries that are quite common for children.
- Improved Organ Function: Chiropractic adjustments can improve organ health and function, including stomach and intestine issues such as constipation.
Our Approach to Pediatric Chiropractic Care
When you bring your infant or child into our clinic for a first visit, we always begin with an extensive case history and full evaluation. This will help our pediatric chiropractor determine the best course of treatment. Our pediatric adjustments and treatments are gentle and tailored to the child’s unique needs. We will modify our approach to fit your child’s size, weight, and spinal condition.
Get Pediatric Chiropractic Adjustments in Crestwood, KY
If you have any questions about pediatric chiropractic care or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Pansegrau, call 360 Degree Chiropractic today at 502-241-8939. The earlier we can clear up any misalignments or stress, the happy and healthier your child will be.